Homemade Peanut Butter

3 May

Here is a fast and easy lunch we made today involving Peanut Butter. Can you guess?  Yes, PB&J!

My Kids Make homemade Peanut Butter, and yours can too! Its easy, watch and see:

Making your own peanut butter is great for a lot of reasons:  it is simple, you can control the ingredients that go into it, you save  money, AND the kids love watching all the peanuts turn into peanut butter! Its a win win for everyone.

RECIPE

• 2 C Unsalted Peanuts (we use organic)
  • 1/2t Salt (optional)
  • 1/2 – 1 T Olive Oil (optional)

Pour the peanuts in your food processor and  turn it on. Add salt and oil as desired.  The peanut butter will be stored in the fridge which makes it thicken up a bit, so I like to add a little oil to make it creamy.  Mix for a few minutes and the peanuts will turn into peanut butter before your eyes!

Make sure you store your homemade peanut butter in the fridge!

8 Responses to “Homemade Peanut Butter”

1. Poppi 03. May, 2010 at 12:59 pm #

Just looking at it I agree with Sydney…”Yummy” I am totally excited to make a batch of my own. I think Nonna will be making almond butter too.

2. Nana 03. May, 2010 at 3:03 pm #

Looks so yummy. Silas, thanks for showing Sydney how to make pb & j. I will make some too. First I have to find the unsalted peanuts at my natural food store.

Abby loves peanut butter. She misses you and has been sad today.

3. Nonna 03. May, 2010 at 5:32 pm #

Yummy…I agree with Sydney. Can I try some?

Love you all

4. Maggie 03. May, 2010 at 11:27 pm #

I’ve never seen anyone make peanut butter before – thanks for showing me how. It looks delicious!

5. becky 04. May, 2010 at 7:08 am #

Yes, this was Sydney’s first PB and she loved it..and no allergic reaction. so all is well. silas asked her if she wants to eat PB&J every day from now on.

6. Nonna 04. May, 2010 at 5:48 am #

Poppi and I were wondering if this is Sydney’s first peanut butter!? She’s almost 2 so she gets to eat it, right? xo

7. Carrie DeGroff 16. May, 2010 at 9:56 pm #

Thanks Silas for the “Yummy” peanut butter! It was delicious! Thanks for sharing! ~Mrs. DeGroff:)

I love your website! I can’t wait to see what you make next!

1. Strawberry Picking | My Kids Make... - 23. Jun, 2011

[...] to know what is great with strawberry jam? Homemade peanut butter, check out our post on making your [...]