Donut Muffins

9 Jul

Yes, you read that correctly. Donut. Muffins. “How can it be both a donut and a muffin” you ask? Here’s how: the batter is simple and baked in a muffin pan. So one would think: muffin.  But, if you close your eyes you swear you are eating a donut. No joke.  Hence, Donut Muffin. We used a mini muffin pan for this recipe and are now gobbling up munchkin-esque treats.

The recipe is from King Arthur Flour, check it out here. When I read this recipe I knew this was for us (here’s a secret, we have already made this 2 times in the span of …..1 week nevermind, I wont say how long…). Seriously, you have to try this. Its DELICIOUS.

My Kids Make donut muffins, and yours can too! Watch and see:

~ENJOY

7 Responses to “Donut Muffins”

1. Nana 10. Jul, 2010 at 12:24 am #

oh so yummy ~ I will make donut muffins next week.
    Silas and Sydney, you cook together really well.
    Nana

2. Nana 10. Jul, 2010 at 7:16 pm #

Silas does a great job teaching Sydney how to scoop the batter.
    I love Sydney’s huge smile and excitement when she scooped the muffin.

The simple things in life are the best — watching your grandchildren learn new things and seeing their smiles of joy !!!

3. Annie 10. Jul, 2010 at 9:13 pm #

Oh, these kids. I love watching the way they’re interacting. Silas is such a little teacher! I’m afraid to make these muffins – I think I’d eat them all up! Yum!

4. Jenny 11. Jul, 2010 at 1:18 am #

It was so fun to see you all today! One of my roommates makes donut muffins all the time and I love them! Yours look delicious!

5. Nana 12. Jul, 2010 at 6:58 pm #

Gluten Free Donut Muffins – so good !!

I made gluten free donut muffins this afternoon.
    I used King Arthur gluten free flour, the recipe Becky used, and added 2 tsp of xanthan gum to the flour. You can use any flour mix that substitutes for regular flour.

The muffins came out so great, and taste like old fashioned donuts. These were so easy to make, that I’ll be making them very often.

I used a mini muffin pan and got 24 muffins and then 6 regular size muffins. One mini muffin is plenty for me — but Grampa ate a lot of them :-)

Yumm….. Silas and Sydney- Thanks for showing me how to make these.

6. becky 12. Jul, 2010 at 11:30 pm #

@Nana: that is awesome! Good job coming up with a recipe that is Gluten Free. You should post that on the King Arthur blog

7. Nana 12. Jul, 2010 at 11:39 pm #

@becky: I posted to King Arthur ….. wonder why they didn’t think of this…………..