{Heart} Peanut Butter Thumbprint Cookies and 1 Year Blog-iversary

4 Feb

Its February, which means love is in the air, and in the projects, and in all the baking we are doing as we prepare for Valentine’s Day.  But, I mention love today not because of the upcoming holiday, but because I want to thank you all for the support and community over this past year.

Wait, what? Did she say past year???

Yes, yes I did, because today is the

1 year blog-iversary of MyKidsMake!!!!

In honor of the festivities: My Kids Make {Heart} Peanut Butter Thumbprint Cookies. Because we Heart all of You.

Got a favorite peanut butter cookie recipe? Great, then use that one for this yummy treat.

Press your finger or thumb {or your children’s} into the cookie dough at an angle, making one half of the heart shape.  Repeat once more to make the heart.

Fill the indentation with strawberry jelly. I know that some people put the jelly in after the cookies have baked. We tried it both ways and liked it best when the jelly had been baked with the cookies.

Bake the cookies. Then EAT!! They are yummy.

Not only are the cookies cute, but they are perfect for Valentine’s Day {or anytime that you want to show a little LOVE. wink, wink}.

I Linked up with:

11 Responses to “{Heart} Peanut Butter Thumbprint Cookies and 1 Year Blog-iversary”

1. Poppi 04. Feb, 2011 at 9:34 am #

I see that Silas is wearing his Super Hero cape. That must make baking so much more fun.

2. Kristi @ Creative Connections for Kids 04. Feb, 2011 at 4:12 pm #

Congratulations! I started my blog last fall, so I find this inspiring.

3. Maggie 04. Feb, 2011 at 6:30 pm #

Happy Blog-iversary! The cookies look delicious!

4. Smita 05. Feb, 2011 at 11:24 am #

Awwww .. i love the idea , absolutely adorable !!!

5. Nana 05. Feb, 2011 at 9:39 pm #

Happy Anniversary. Your blog is the best!

6. becky 06. Feb, 2011 at 12:55 pm #

Thanks for all the comments and all the “happy anniversary’s”. I can’t believe it has been a year already!

Poppi: silas loves that cape and wears it all the time! even during baking.

7. curtis 06. Feb, 2011 at 8:42 pm #

happy 1 year of blogging! Can’t believe it, it’s gone fast. :)

8. close to home 07. Feb, 2011 at 4:52 pm #

I saw these in martha stewart’s magazine and they were on my list to make, glad to see they are kid friendly

found your blog on v-day hop, come visit and follow back if you wish

9. artsy_momma 10. Feb, 2011 at 5:26 am #

Happy blog-iversary! I love this idea and featured it over on my blog: http://funhandprintart.blogspot.com/2011/02/handprint-thumbprint-valentines-ideas.html My son would love making these :)

10. Betsy & Curtis 13. Feb, 2011 at 12:52 am #

These look yummy, and cute! Wow, I can’t believe it’s been a year – time flies when you’re having fun!

1. Happy Valentine’s Day from Generation T! « Generation T - 14. Feb, 2011