Magazine Bead Bracelets

1 May

Mother’s Day is just around the corner. If you are looking for a present that your kids could make this Mother’s Day, then keep reading.

We made these “Magazine Bead Bracelets” last year, and honestly I still have mine on my dresser. I like all the colors.

My Kids Make “Magazine Bead Bracelets”, and yours can too! Get out your magazines and start making your beads!

Making beads from old magazines is a great way to reuse the paper.

Cut strips of paper, glue and roll it into small “beads”.

Then, string the beads onto pipe cleaners, thread, yarn, etc…

Still want to know more? Check out the video and watch us make “Magazine Bead Bracelets”:

9 Responses to “Magazine Bead Bracelets”

1. Nana 02. May, 2011 at 11:45 pm #

The most beautiful hand-made bracelet I’ve ever seen. Great job !!!

2. butterflyexperience 03. May, 2011 at 6:46 am #

Wonderful idea, I have only just come across your site and will be adding you to my blog roll as I love being inspired by crafts.

3. Susan @ Busy at Home 03. May, 2011 at 12:21 pm #

What a cool way to recycle! They are really pretty.

I found you from the ABC & 123 show and tell!

4. Liberty 03. May, 2011 at 3:04 pm #

How fun! I have been debating something like this with my DD – I feel inspired now :) Thank You for sharing!

Found you through ABC & 123

5. Mandy 03. May, 2011 at 6:28 pm #

What a fun, green, and lovely handmade gift. I’ll keep these in mind for Christmas too.

6. maggy, red ted art 04. May, 2011 at 2:44 pm #

Oooh how pretty! These take me back a long long way and put a huge smile on your face, especially the photo with your little one wearing them!

Thank you for linking up again to Kids Get Crafty this week :-)

Maggy

7. Rachel Sue 07. Jun, 2011 at 10:22 pm #

This is such a great idea! I would love to feature this on Reduce, Reuse, Upcyle. Feel free to stop by and grab a featured button.

8. Amanda 05. Aug, 2011 at 9:58 pm #

Cute cute cute!!

I run Fun Family Crafts, a site similar in nature to Craftgawker and Spotlight, but different in that it’s a library of craft tutorials geared only at kids. I would love it if you’d stop by and submit this to be featured! (I link to you, I don’t post your tutorial on the site) Feel free to submit as many kid friendly craft tutorials as you like! http://funfamilycrafts.com/

1. Magazine Bead Bracelets · Lesson Plans | CraftGossip.com - 20. May, 2011

[...] My Kids Make submitted this post to Craft Gossip, but I didn’t have a chance to post it before Mother’s Day due to becoming a mother for a 3rd time! I love these bracelets, and I have actually made an ‘adult’ version before. My girls would love these, and if I were to receive this as a gift…I would be honored. ┬áMy Kids Make also has a video tutorial on there as well! You may also like… [...]