Trucks and an impromtu Lemonade Stand

6 Jun

The town was paving the road next to ours, so we spent the day sitting on a blanket {with snacks of course!} watching the trucks work.

There were dump trucks driving back and forth, front end loaders, street sweepers,…. AND a cool pavement ripper upper type of truck. We were so busy talking about all the trucks we didn’t even realize how long we had been out there!

When we came back to the house for lunch, Debby wrote on Facebook and suggested that we set up a lemonade stand for the Construction Workers.

I mentioned the idea to Silas and it took all of 1 second before he shouted “YEAH LETS DO IT!!!!“.

We quickly made some lemonade and ran back down the street.

The idea was to GIVE the workers lemonade for FREE.

We were having fun enjoying watching all their hard work

the least we could do was give them something to drink.

A bunch of the workers actually gave the kids money, and suggested they enjoy some ice cream from the Ice Cream Truck later.

{Could this day get any better for them?}

At one point Silas ran up to me and said “It’s NOT working. They keep giving me money!”

{He was actually upset that the workers wanted to pay him. It was adorable.}

Sydney then turned to the people and said, “I’ll take your money!” {HAHAHA!}

We had a wonderful day, filled with trucks and lemonade

{and maybe some ice cream if we spot “Mr. Ding-a-Ling” driving around}.

16 Responses to “Trucks and an impromtu Lemonade Stand”

1. Heather 06. Jun, 2011 at 3:23 pm #

What a great post! I love the part where Syd yelled that she would take their money!!! Ha ha ha ha!

2. Debby 06. Jun, 2011 at 5:27 pm #

Holy Cow! I am totally sitting here smiling! What a great idea to give it away. I was totally shocked to see “Free Lemonade” at first, but that really was the best way to do it! I’m so glad it went so well!

3. Nana 06. Jun, 2011 at 9:00 pm #

You’ve made my day. I’m smiling and laughing.
    What a great way to spend the day, and a great way to do a lemonade stand ~ Free.

Reminds me of when you had a lemonade stand in front of our house. Sydney reminds me of you and how you’d find ways to make money …. so you could go to Bailey’s and buy penny candy.

4. Latasha 07. Jun, 2011 at 1:49 am #

This is great on so many different levels! Sydney is a women after my own heart lol

5. Nana 07. Jun, 2011 at 5:40 am #

Good for you for having “free lemonade”.
    What a positive way to show people grace and kindness.
    I’m so impressed with Silas’ determination not to take money – and his disappointment that the workers wanted to pay for the drinks.

6. nonna 07. Jun, 2011 at 6:40 am #

What a sweet day! Silas and Sydney, I bet those thirsty men loved your lemonade!! And the trucks are SO big and SO cool. Those men work really hard making our roads and keeping them smooth! It looks like you had great fun and a great day! (and Silas, I love your “summer haircut”) xo

7. Poppi 07. Jun, 2011 at 9:22 am #

What a great idea. So much fun.

8. Candy 07. Jun, 2011 at 4:34 pm #

This is so stinkin cute and so incredibly Thoughtful. Love seeing pics of the workers with ur lemonade cups. So cute!

9. Mama Pea Pod 09. Jun, 2011 at 9:05 am #

What a perfect day for them! Love it! Would be thrilled if you linked this up to our Outdoor Play linky on Friday!

10. maggy, red ted art 09. Jun, 2011 at 2:58 pm #

Clever children!! And how fun!!! Love it!

Thank you for linking to Kids Get Crafty – lovely to have you stop by!

Maggy

11. Jamie @ hands on : as we grow 09. Jun, 2011 at 9:14 pm #

So cute! We’d be all over lounging on the front lawn to watch the workers too – we practically do it every week when the recycling truck comes by.

Your lemonade stand reminds of me a Curious George episode :)

12. Sarah Scott 10. Jun, 2011 at 1:47 pm #

Awesome! I love that the workers participated as well…

13. Jessica 10. Jun, 2011 at 4:17 pm #

We just had this happening on our road the last couple of weeks! My kids were absolutely fascinated by these trucks. It kept them busy for 20 min. for 4 days! lol The lemonade stand is such a sweet idea, wish we would’ve thought of that. :)

14. cathy @ nurturestore 14. Jun, 2011 at 1:48 pm #

A perfect day :) (I love that Sydney said I’ll take it!!) Lovely to see you at the Play Academy again.

15. Mama Pea Pod 16. Jun, 2011 at 4:20 pm #

Thanks for coming over to link up! Hope we’ll see you at this week’s Outdoor Play linky tomorrow!

16. Rachel 17. Jun, 2011 at 12:03 am #

ha ha… Oh my gosh, that is SO SWEET! LOVE IT! What cute little kiddies. Thanks for sharing this at For the Kids Fridays! Sure hope to have you back to link up again this week! Party is now posted. :)